2013 is ending and with it all my challenges. How did it went? Rather well to be honest. I wasn’t expecting to be able to say “Hey, I’ve made it!” but I did! Well, apart from the horror one but, we’ll get there… eventually.
Let’s begin with:
Initial Goal: 55 books
Finish Goal: 63 books
I had challenge myself to read 55 books on 2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I reached my gold somewhere around September (me thinks!). I actually thought I wasn’t going to be able to read 55 books this year because of my pathetic reading-slump in May and them college in September till December. But I did and I’m very proud of myself.
I might challenge myself to read 60 books in 2014 😉
Initial Goal: 12 books
Finish Goal: 16 books (though some I’m not certain can be labelled Dystopia)
Hosted by the lovely Ula @Blog of Erised, I thought I wasn’t going to be able to reach my goal but, truth is, I went further than my initial idea. I had planned on reading only 12 books out of the 24 that was stipulated and ended up reading 16. Yap, I reached Level 3: Revolutionist.
And Ula is hosting this challenge again in 2014 but I’ll talk about it on my upcoming 2014 Resolutions post. But you can sneak the challenge here.
Here’s what I’ve read:
- Broken [Extrahumans #1] – Susan Jane Bigelow;
- Under the Never Sky [Under the Never Sky #1] – Veronica Rossi;
- Insurgent [Divergent #2] – Veronica Roth;
- Delirium [Delirium #1] – Lauren Oliver;
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter – Cassandra Rose Clarke;
- Viral Nation [Viral Nation #1] – Shaunta Grimes;
- These Broken Stars [Starbound #1] – Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner;
- Steel Lily [The Periodic Series #1] – Megan Curd;
- Countdown – Michelle Rowen;
- Reign of Blood [Reign of Blood #1] – Alexia Purdy;
- I Am Legend – Richard Matheson (PT);
- Night of the Purple Moon [The Toucan Trilogy #1] – Scott Cramer;
- Colony East [The Toucan Trilogy #2] – Scott Cramer;
- Aberrant [Aberrant #1] – Ruth Silver;
- Moirai [Aberrant #2] – Ruth Silver;
- Pawn [The Blackcoat Rebellion #1] – Aimée Carter;
There are books I’m not certain that can be considered Dystopian. And I didn’t asked Ula for my new Badge (Revolutionist) because of that. Here are the books I’m not entirely sure but added anyway:
In case there’s a book on my goal list that you know doesn’t fit the genre, let me know.
Still, despite these four books, I think I did pretty good in this challenge.
Initial Goal: 5 books
Finish Goal: 4 books
- The Woman in Black – Susan Hill;
- I Hunt Killers [Jasper Dent #1] – Barry Lyga;
- I Am Legend – Richard Matheson;
- Game [Jasper Dent #2] – Barry Lyga;
Even though I Hunt Killers and Game aren’t exactly horror, I’ve added them as well since they freaked me out with the whole psychological thriller embedded in it.
Initial Goal: 2 books
Finish Goal: 2 books
- The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger;
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky;
Pretty surprised with myself in this challenge. Contemporary as never been my favourite genre but 2013 show me there are some good Contemporary books out there that are worth reading.
There you good guys, all my 2013 Resolutions are done and I cannot believe I’ve managed to keep them up for the whole year. I’ll be creating a post dedicated to my 2014 Challenges and might even add a page for them… but I’m still planning that.
In the meantime, let me know how your 2013 challenge were by commenting below or leaving any links to your post concerning it. I’m curious to know how you guys did 🙂